About Solvay Korea
For the 45 years since Solvay Korea’s foundation, we have solidified our position as a leading player in chemical materials. We have continued to strengthen our activity portfolio, innovation, and competitiveness to build our reputation as a sustainable and responsible company. In order to reach out to customers, Solvay is implementing a dynamic environmental system to fulfill commitments to multiple stakeholders.
Solvay Korea became the first multinational company to form a university-industry collaboration with a Korean university. The university-industry collaboration agreement was signed with Ewha Woman's University in 2011, which later on was shown in the form of scholarship support and joint research projects. The Ewha-Solvay Research & Innovation Center, which was built on the Ewha Woman's University campus in 2014, has accommodated both research and administrative personnel.
Solvay Korea 2020 in Brief
Our Korean sales built on major share of Advanced Materials driven by Sustainability and Innovation
- 80% sales supporting many challenges to solve the Korean Green New Deal 2025
- Sales: 320M€ in 2020 / Solvay Korea
History of Solvay Korea
- 1975 Rhodia Silica Korea plant established in Incheon
- 1987 Solvay Special Chemicals plant established in Onsan
- 1999 Established Solvay Chemicals Korea (P&I, EP) plant in Onsan
- 2011 Solvay acquires Rhodia
- 2011 Established headquarter GBU Solvay Special in Seoul
- 2014 Opened Ewha-Solvay R&I Center in Ewha university in Seoul
- 2016 Established Solvay Silica Korea plant in Gunsan